CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 30, 2012

4/29 Visit

Gary and I spent a relaxing afternoon with Dad on Sunday. We took him outside to the courtyard and he was so happy to be outside. We kept a close eye on him after his episode on Saturday but other than being tired he was doing great. We spent some time outside and then in the day room as well.

When we first got there he was all excited to see us. We told him we were gonna take him outside and Gary started pushing him towards the door and he saw my Coke Zero in my hand and he started reaching for it LOL I held up the bag I had brought which had his Pepsi and chocolate bar in it and told him his was in there and he goes "ohhhh goody goody, gimme gimme gimme!!!" LOL I told him that I would give it to him as soon as we got outside. As we were walking out the front door he was waving at everyone saying "Bye everyone!"

We got him outside and I took out his Pepsi and chocolate bar. He reached for the chocolate bar and said "Might as well start with this one" I bought him a Hershey bar so we opened it up and I broke it into pieces he could snack on. When he got down to the last 3 pieces they had melted onto the wrapper but that did not stop him...

Getting every last piece of chocolate off that wrapper LOL
Then I told him that it was Tom Jr.'s birthday and he said "Little Tommy?" and I said yes. He said "Well I didn't know that!"He asked me how old "Little Tommy" was and I told him that Tom Jr. was 54 and his eyes got really big and he said "WOW, they come up quick don't they??" I called Tom Jr. and let Dad talk to him. Dad is fascinated by the phone these days and he was just fascinated that he was talking to Tom Jr. all the way in Utah. I reminded Dad that it was Tom Jr.'s birthday and dad started singing Happy Birthday to him until an extremely loud motorcycle drove by and startled him. He kept calling Tommy a "little fart" He told Tommy that he was gonna spank his ass then he changed his mind and told Tommy that he wouldn't spank him LOL

After our conversation with Tommy Gary took Dad for a walk around the courtyard and then we went to the front courtyard area so Dad could see the cars going by. As we walk him to and from the courtyard he likes to look at each of the cars that are parked along the sidewalk to pick out which one he is gonna get, he always picks the biggest truck, unless its a Ford, and he says "That's it, that one is mine!" Well Gary and I came up in Gary's truck so Gary took him around to see his truck and Dad got all excited when he saw it and he says "Ohhhh yeah!!! Chevy! THAT one is mine!" LOL

One thing I noticed was that his blanket was missing :-( I don't know what happened to it, maybe the rightful owner came back and claimed it but he didn't have his Mi Mi and of course he doesn't know where it went. I was sad for him. I am so excited though because the mother of a friend of mine from work is going to make him his very own blanket using the black and yellow to match his Army hat and she is going to embroider his name on it so there will be no question as to who it belongs too LOL

One of the funniest things from yesterday is that he is still on the "I need a girlfriend kick" and yesterday he told me "You know, with the ladies I am smooooooooooth" LOL LOL Some things just never change I guess.

He also kept telling us he had no money so I gave him a dollar to keep in his pocket. Then every time he told us he had no money we would say "Are you sure? Check your pocket." and he would reach in his pocket and pull out the dollar and his face would just light up and he would say "Ohhhh I DO have some money" I hope his money doesn't disappear like his stolen blanket did.

Anyway, yesterday's visit was a short one so not many pictures - here is what I took

Enjoying some chocolate

Checking out the cars

Watching the cars go by

Taking a walk with "Ed"

"There it is! That's MY truck!"


Checking Dad's truck LOL

Chevy's are really good!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to have Gary take him for a ride in "His" Chevy when the first chance comes he will LOVE that!
Glad you got someone to make him a blanket I have been on the prowl myself. My boss is checking with her Mom on making him a camo one... never hurts to have a back up, you have to wash them every now and then. And if anyone knows about the need of a "Dinkey" it is ME! :)

Post a Comment