CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4/17/12 Visit



Just a short blog post tonight because it was a short visit. Garrett and I went to visit dad today after school. He was really happy to see us. They were getting ready to take him to the dining room but he wanted to go outside so we had ourselves a picnic on the courtyard and he got his dinner outside. He had a tuna sandwich, vegi soup, french fries, and chocolate ice cream and a cup of mandarin oranges. The first thing he went for was the chocolate ice cream and then the oranges. He took one bite of the vegi soup and spit it out, and he took one bite of the tuna sandwich and made a horrible face and then took a big drink of his Pepsi LOL Apparently he was not a fan of the tuna.

He kept telling me how glad he was that we were there. He said that he gets bored and there's nothing to do when he doesn't have visitors. I hate that I can't be there all the time or more often but I go as often as I can especially considering it is almost an hour and a half drive. Anyway, we had a good visit. Garrett and dad talked about cars and what kind of car Dad's gonna get when he gets out of there. We also played him some old country music on Pandora which he LOVED and he was dancing to it! We had a great time dancing. He did stand up once though and Garrett and I had to convince him to sit back down. He kept saying "No I can do it, I can do it" and he was standing up in front of his wheelchair. I finally convinced him to sit back down by telling him they won't let me bring him outside of he doesn't stay in his chair. He scared me but he was standing pretty good though.

After visiting, dancing, and standing in the courtyard I guess he was wore out. He was ready to go inside and lay down. He wanted to watch TV in his bed so we got him all set up, and I told him we would stay until he fell asleep. He was asleep by 7:00. I wish I could go see him every day but I know I can't so I plan to try to go again on Thursday and I will definitely be there Saturday and Sunday. Below are a few pictures and videos from today's visit.

Garrett and Grandad

He's happy to be outside

Me and my Daddy

 Our first dance of the day :-)

Time for ice cream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment