CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dad's car ride

Well yesterday I had to transport Dad to his new temporary "home." This was quite the trip, it was a lot like riding with an ADD 2 year old who was curious about everything LOL. Dad was riding in the front seat next to me, as I mentioned in the first post Dad has discovered his love of soda and now every time he sees one he wants it. So, needless to say, my Coke Zero that I had sitting in my cup holder never stood a chance. I had not even pulled out of the hospital parking area before he spotted it, he reached down for it and said "Heyyyyy, I think I'll have some of this!" and he proceeded to drink my soda LOL

As we drove down the road Dad kept telling me how much he liked my car. he kept looking around and saying "yeah this is really nice" and "ohhh that's pretty" At one point he was turning around in his seat looking towards the back seat. I asked him if he was ok and if he needed anything and he replied "oh no I'm just looking because I'm gonna get one of these" LOL He asked me if it was my car and I said yes and he asked me what kind of car it was, I told him it was a Hyundai and he responded "Ohhh that's a good one" LOL Then he continued to tell me that he was going to get a car like mine then he said "Yeah I'm gonna get one of these, my girlfriend will really like this" ROFLOL I said "Oh you have a girlfriend that would like this car?" and he said "No I gotta get one first (a girlfriend) and I know just how to do it, I jet gotta do this" and then he showed me a really big smile LOL LOL So apparently all he has to do to get a girlfriend is smile at them. He's got it all figured out LOL

He was fascinated by the knobs of the radio and the sunroof but the one thing that really amazed him was the bluetooth connection to my phone. I was trying to call my brother Perry to tell him we were on our way to the rehab center, my bluetooth is voice activated so I pressed the button and said "Call Perry Mobile" and my dad started going "call Perry? are we calling Perry? Ok we can do that" well my poor bluetooth had no idea what I wanted it to do, so when dad got quiet I tried again and ended up with the same outcome, at this point Bobby is giggling in the backseat. I finally said "Hey dad my car does something really cool but you have to listen and not talk for a minute" and that got him to be quiet for a minute so I could make my call. Then he heard Perry on the speakers and was just amazed LOL A few minutes later his wife called me and he got to hear her on the speakers too and he was excited to talk to her. He also got to talk to Gary and to Kathy.

As we were driving he would point out all the other trucks on the road. We were following a Chevy truck for a while and every time we would get up behind it he would say "That's a Chevy, they're good" and then the guy would pull away and he would tell me "Go get 'em!" LOL He pointed out the Ford right away too and proceeded to tell us that they are no good (anyone who knows Dad should not be surprised at this). All in all he had a good ride :-)

I had to work today so I didn't get a chance to see him today and I won't see him again until probably Sunday but I will post an update and pictures from my visit with him on Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment