CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4/25 Visit

Oh boy! Dad's turning into a kleptomaniac!! LOL Ok, I have to preface this story with one from a while back for those family members who don't know the "Walker Theft" story.

When Dad was in the other rehab center about a month ago, I went to see him and I found him sitting in a chair outside his room. I asked him what he was doing out there and he gave me his standard answer "Damned if I know!" He was sitting in a chair and his roommates walker was sitting next to him. I looked into his room and saw his CNA cleaning up and changing his bedding so I assumed she brought him in the hall to get him out of the way, but his wheelchair was in the room sitting next to his bed. So I said "Dad, how did you get out here?" and his CNA walked out and said "He walked out here" I was impressed at first and then realized that she didn't mean that in a good way. I asked her what was going on and she explained to me that she got him out of bed, put him in his wheelchair, and left to go get clean linens for his bed, while she was gone he got out of the wheelchair, made his way across the room, stole his roommate's walker and went into the hall and sat in the chair. ROFLOL He's a walker thief!

Well now to his latest "conquest." When I got there this afternoon he was in bed and he had this cute little afghan wrap over his lap. I asked him where he got it from and of course I am sure you can guess what he said... "Damned if I know!" So I assumed that his wife had visited him and brought him a crocheted wrap. Well a little bit later my brother called me, he said he had visited Dad earlier this afternoon and that dad had this wrap/blanket. I told my brother he still had it and he said that he asked Dad where it came from and Dad told him the following: "There was a lady who had it, but she wasn't using it so I took it. I was cold. But it's OK because I think I am faster than her." ROFLOL

Of course he told my brother that he also stole the socks he was wearing (they were the yellow non-skid socks the hospital puts on him) so we weren't sure if he actually took the afghan BUT after I spoke to my brother I was back with Dad and I asked him once more where the blanket came from and he said he didn't know and he kept looking at it and then all of a sudden he says "Oh yeah! I stole it!" and then he told me the same story he told my brother LOL LOL So I'm not sure who this lady is that he took the afghan from but I'm not worried because Dad thinks he can outrun her LOL

Here are some pictures from today's short visit:

He got a haircut!!



See his ill gotten booty??? Its a cute little wrap LOL

Being silly!

My daddy!

Me and my daddy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I will just have to see about getting him his own!! I have a patient that makes them I will see if she can make me a camo one.

Post a Comment