CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 3, 2012

5/2 Visit

This will be a short blog post today because it was a short visit.

Garrett and I went to see Dad yesterday and had a nice visit. We got there a little before his dinner time so we took him outside where he loves to be. He kept telling me how pretty my skirt was. Garrett brought along his sketch book and sketching pencils and sketched while we were outside. Dad kept watching him draw and he would look at me and raise his eyebrows up and say "He's really good!" Garrett was showing him his drawings and Dad kept telling him how good of an artist he was.

While we were sitting outside Dad kept spotting a big Chevy truck and he would point at it and say "Ohhh there's a Chevy! I like that one" one time he said "Lets go take it" LOL! Come to find out the truck belongs to his nurse!

One the of staff members brought Dad's dinner outside to him and he did really well on eating. His nurse had called me the night before to tell me that the nurse practitioner had added a new medication to Dad's orders. Apparently he hasn't been eating and he has lost weight since being there so they now give him an appetite stimulant to try to get him to eat more. He did pretty well. He had popcorn shrimp, stewed tomatoes, rice, and a fruit pie for dinner and he at all the tomatoes and pie, and he ate several of the shrimp as well. He didn't eat his rice though but he ate more than I have seen him eat in a while so I guess the medication is working. I need to remember to tell his nurse that they need to make sure his dentures are secured in each morning, it seems like every time I go to see him, his dentures are flopping around and, I don't know because I don't have dentures but I can assume that would make eating a little difficult.

He was in good spirits while we were there, he was cracking jokes. There are 2 ceramic geese in the courtyard and one of them looks a little angry and Dad was looking at them he said "One is happy and one is pissed" LOL I said "yeah I see that" and he said to me "I did it, I made that one mad" I asked him how he did that and he said "throwing stuff at him" LOL LOL I asked him what he was throwing at the mad goose and he looked around the courtyard and he says "those rocks" pointing at a decorative area with white rocks. I was laughing and told him that wasn't nice and he said "Well it was something to do" LOL LOL LOL He was just a laughing at himself and his story.

Here are the geese - can you tell which one is mad? The one ducking from the rocks!! LOL LOL

On our last few visits, Dad kept telling us he had no money so the last time Gary and I were there we gave him a dollar and he was so excited to have it. When Garrett and I came to see him he took his phone (that Kathy gave him) out of his pocket and he had folded up his dollar and stuck it into the phone. He pulled it out and was laughing and said "Hey hey hey, I got some money!" He holds up to me and says "what is this? a $50?" and I said "No, looks like a $20 to me" LOL LOL he shrugged his shoulders and folded it back up and put it back into his pocket with his phone. A little bit later he took it out again and he was looking at it and I said "What you got there?" and he said "Its my dollar"



"That's good stuff!"



"I rub my hans together like this to keep them soft... for the ladies!"


Talking about the geese he was throwing rocks at


Watching Garrett draw - well he was now they are both mugging for the camera

0 comments:

Post a Comment