CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 26, 2012

I have been slacking!

I am SO sorry to my family up north who read this blog for updates on Dad. It has just been very busy and now that Dad is near me I go see him every day and I forget to blog about him. Dad is doing great in his new home! The staff all love him (who doesn't right??). They are also great about knowing what he likes and actually doing those things with him.

Just the other day I was sitting with Dad out front in the patio area and the chaplain was leaving for the day and he saw Dad and said "Is that my buddy Tom?" and he came over and patted Dad on the back and proceeded to tell me how him and Dad had sat outside there for about an hour and "chatted." That made me feel really good because when I came to register Dad I told them that he loves being outside, my husband always calls him an old alligator who like to sit in the sun LOL, he loves having someone to talk to, and I also told them that at Bayview when we would take him to their courtyard you had to walk through the parking lot and he liked looking at all the cars, he would car shop in the parking lot, he would find one he likes and say "OK, I'll take that one!" So to hear the chaplain tell me that he had brought him outside and chatted with him just made me feel good. After the chaplain left a few minutes later the admissions director that I had worked with to get Dad in there, was leaving and she saw us out on the patio and she came over to say hi as well. She said hi to Dad and then she told me how she had brought him out earlier to walk around and do some car shopping! She said she walked him around the parking lot and she says "he does NOT like Fords!" LOL She said that he really likes the GMCs and the Chevy's LOL She said that he settled on a Cadillac SUV that was parked in front of the building though LOL. Again just more reassurance that he is in the right place and he is being taken care of.

One of Dad's best days took place just this past week. On Tuesday he had a doctor's appointment in Lake County so my hubby, Gary, took the day off work to take him to his doctor's appointment. The appointment was at 11:00. Gary got to Dad's nursing home at like 7:00 so dad could have a nice outing. Gary was going to bring my SUV since it is lower than his truck but he knows how much Dad loves Chevy trucks so he decided to take his truck instead! Dad was so thrilled to get to ride in "his" Chevy! Gary took him to Denny's for breakfast where Dad downed a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. Then they took a nice drive to Lake county. On the way Gary called me at work to let me know how Dad was doing and I could hear him in the background just a talking and laughing. At one point I heard him say something but couldn't make it out and Gary replied "Yeah Dad, she's a pretty one" turns out Dad was checking out the ladies in the other cars LOL. Gary got him to his doctor and then after the appointment he took him to Sonny's for lunch where Dad absolutely LOVED the Sweet Sauce! Gary said he was dipping everything in the sweet sauce LOL

Here are some pictures from his outing to the doctor (they are a little out of order):
Riding in the truck!


Lets get this show on the road!

Waiting for the doctor

tearing up some Sonny's BBQ

Leave me alone and let me eat!

Still going on that turkey, french fries, and garlic bread - that's what's hidden under all that sweet sauce LOL

Breakfast at Denny's

Yummy!


enjoying the ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment