CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 10, 2012

5/09 & 5/10 Visits

Got to spend 2 days with Dad and will spend most of tomorrow with him as well. I have found an excellent permanent long term care facility for him and will be moving him to his new "home" tomorrow. Yesterday I went to visit him  for our usual Wednesday visit and was happy to see that he was wearing the shirt Garrett made for him. He still tells me that Bobby brought him his Army blanket (which he absolutely LOVES) and he also had another crocheted afghan and a small quilt. I have no idea where he got them from but he claims that Bobby made them for him and he tells me "He's a good boy! He's really smart!"

His medication to increase his appetite has certainly worked! He will eat anything he gets his hands on and then he will turn around and clean his entire plate too.

Here he is wearing the shirt Garrett made him.



Relaxing before supper time

After supper you gotta have a snack - so he put his raisins in his "pouch" on top of his phone LOL
He calls his pocket his pouch



Today (5/10) I went to see Dad, actually I went to get him to take him to his new facility but we got hung up waiting for some paperwork. SO we just had a visit instead. We had a VERY interesting and hilarious visit. We were sitting in Dad's room waiting for the paperwork and his supper. Dad was snacking on some candy and his roommate was sleeping. I had my back to the curtain between their beds while I was packing some of Dad's things when I heard the curtain move. I turned around and saw that Dad's roommate had sat up in his bed and pulled the curtain open. I smiled at him and said hello, he said something I couldn't understand and then he asked me "How do I get up?" and I told him he would need the nurse to help him get up and he said "The nurse? I can't afford to have a nurse come in here" and then he started getting up and he moved himself from his bed over onto Dad's bed! He then told me that it was his bed I very politely said "No this is my dad's bed your bed is over there" and he replied to me that the bed over there was messing and it was not his. He then proceeded to lay in my Dad's bed then he picked up the crocheted afghan and he says "This is my blanket, my wife made this for me" now normally I would have believed him BUT Dad had the blanket yesterday and the guy wash;t his roommate yesterday so I am not so sure about it- The best part was Dad was watching all this with a great deal of interest and finally Dad looks up at me and says "I think he's confused" ROFLOL I just started laughing and Dad did too! Then the guy leans over and points at Dad's shoes and says "Are those my shoes?" and I said "No those are his shoes" and he says "No I think those are MY shoes, I think those are my good shoes" and I again said "No those shoes belong to my dad" and the guy says again that he thinks they are his shoes and Dad says "These are MY shoes" and he looked at me with a look like "this guy's nuts" and then he went back to eating his candy.  During all this I had pressed the nurse call button and one of the CNAs came in to try to get the man back into his own bed and he was fighting her, every time she touched him he would say "OW don't pull on me" LOL They finally got him out of Dad's bed and they put him in his wheelchair and wheeled him to the dining room, after they left the room Dad looks up at me and says "Who the hell was that nit wit??" ROFLOL I was dying laughing and Dad was too! It was SO funny!!! Below are some pictures of Dad's uninvited guest,  my favorite is the one where Dad is totally ignoring the guy and digging for more candy. This was right after he told the guy in no uncertain terms that those were HIS shoes LOL



Dad's roommate making himself comfie on Dad's bed

The CNA was trying to get him out of dad's bed and into  his own but he wasn't hearing of it

My favorite one! Dad could care less about the guy on his bed he was digging for more chocolate LOL

Dad has a thing for blankets - he insisted on being covered up in this one and he insists that Bobby brought it to him LOL
I will be posting pictures of Dad in his new home tomorrow - I am very pleased with the facility he will be moving too and I will be able to be with him so much more often! Check back tomorrow for info on his big move!

0 comments:

Post a Comment